Friday 11 November 2011

SPACHE MAWEENS!

So last night was game two, 1750 points against Black Templar’s.

Full Gun Line Deployment (I’m sure there’s another name for this) and a Kill points mission.
I won the roll off, opting to deploy and go first. I deployed ready to unleash some serious fire-power, keeping just the Vendettas with the Melta vets in reserve for some outflanking.
We rolled for the initiative, Hugh takes it. Balls.

After getting shot to pieces for most of the early turns and then attempting to return fire the Melta vets finally turn up in turn 3 and explode a land speeder and some Marines and Terminators. One squad then gets rushed by the Terminators, 1 survivor who flees and then is rallied by the Ccs!

The Heroes of the Game were the Ratlings, 3 of them killing two marines and forcing two pinning tests in the game, incredible!

The Infantry without heavy weapons, once again, did nothing, might have to drop the Heavy weapons and just stick with a power Blob, or loads of Veteran squads.
Chimeras seemed to take a lot of fire, I think sending the Vendettas as out flankers is meaning they are wasted, if they draw fire in 1st turn then the tanks don’t.

All in all the game was close 6 Kill points to Hughs 7, a poor Penetrated roll on a Land speeder would have evened it up.

The Forgeworld kits don’t look to have arrived this week as I write from work and cant check the post, so I guess I’ll be waiting on them. This weekend I’ve got a few more Hostile Cadians to paint and base, but I am missing some Cadian weapon arms, about 10 or so, which might mean another box.

Magnets and Russ sponsons, no sign of those either but I do have some Special weapon troops to get on with as well as 14 or so Valhallans, just to bolster the army for when the time comes.

I imagine when 6thed, predicted for July, comes around, my army will need complete reworking, so the options need to be there. Maybe by then I’ll have my other 2 armies and mountain of Bitz.

Must buy more Ratlings, they are heroes!

No comments:

Post a Comment