Sunday 18 December 2011

Moocon, Battle 1

Was at Moocon Yesterday and played 5 games with my 1k list.

The restrictions were harsh on the list, no duplication of pretty much anything and this of course meant you couldn't really fit in much fire-power.

I'll stick in some photos and explain the battles, where I failed and where  I felt I was just being awful.

The whole thing taught me a lot about what my army was capable of and I can only improve, so here goes!


Game 1
Grey Knights - Spearhead, Seize Ground


I started off going first, Grey Knights opted to reserve, everything. I blobbed up 3 squads and left one on my Objective. One headed to the other one on my side of table.

Inital Deployment, The blob had to go round the terrain.

The blob moved up to the Central Objectives and were preparing to defend them at all costs, but then the Stormraven showed up, they got shot a lot.

Blob Vs Grey Knights, with Coteaz and an Inquisitor.


Holding the Home Objective

Holding the Other Home Objective.

After Breaking the Blob the Grey Knights got back in and hid, the Veterans arrived and prepared to Ice an inquisitor, they failed, getting executed for their troubles.



Vets go in for a Suicide attack. They succeed, with the Suicide.
The Dread Knight Rocked up and battered theVendetta then Proceeded to run down and clear the squad off my Objective.


 The Vindicare Turned up and wiped out the main guys holding the objective.

The Vindicare appears and kills everything.
 I managed to immobilise the storm Raven but was overrun but the guys on foot in the end and got wiped off the table, an Awful start for me.

Marbo eventually turned up but failed to have much of an impact.

Game 1, total loss.

I used my blob badly, I should have just sat still and let him come to me, dashed out at the last minute and gone for the captures, he only had 2 troop choices and I reckon I could have done better if I hadn't strolled out and let my self be close assaulted with no cover, it was a fun game but a disappointing start.





No comments:

Post a Comment