Sunday 29 January 2012

Waprcon Done!

Warpcon was this weekend, and most of what I've been working towards over the last few months has come to fruition.

First the Rundown of everything, in the coming day's reports on each of my 5 games will appear, with some pictures but I'm exhausted and want to sleep in a bit so just a quick one.

I got my pass, and started off, here it is in all it's glory:
WARGAMES!
The army I took looks like this, quite a daunting prospect all things considered.

1850 Mech Guard

 Here are a few snaps of games in progress, giving an idea of the scale.


Lower tables

Middle Tables

Top tables, up the back.


So i played 5 games, they were as follows:

  • Game 1 - Chaos Space Marines
Pitched Battle deployment
Primary Objective: Seize Ground (3 objectives placed along the center line of the table, 18 inches apart and 18 inches from the short table edge)
Secondary Objective: Capture and Control

  • Game 2 - Space Wolves
 Spearhead deployment
 Primary Objective: : Capture and Control
 Secondary Objective: Annihilation

  • Game 3 - Blood Angels
Dawn of War deployment
Primary Objective: Annihilation
Secondary Objective: Capture and Control

  • Game 4 - Eldar
Spearhead deployment
Primary Objective: Seize Ground (5 objectives to be captured. One objective is placed in the center of each table quarter and one in the center of the table.)
Secondary Objective: Annihilation

  • Game 5 - Space Wolves
Pitched Battle deployment
Primary Objective: Annihilation
Secondary Objective: Seize Ground



Game 1 was a win, Game 2 draw, Game 3 loss, Game 4 win, Game 5 win.


My final position was 15th, out of the 58 attendees. not half bad for my first 1850 tourney, top guard player of the tournament, out of 3, but nonetheless I was ahead of a lot of experienced players in the end.

And to top it all off, we had a raffle for the ETC Team, and I bought myself some tickets, to support it and all, and lo and behold, I won top prize, it's a Beautiful hardback version of "The Horus Heresy; Collected visions"

My shiny prize!




I'm very happy with this and it topped off a great weekend. It also helped that I got a free beer for my list, because it was the neatest one submitted early on, all fancy and that, being Nerdy with Excel has some advantages.

More reports to come in the future of my games, they won't be so detailed, I didn't take too many pictures, I guess I was busy concentrating on playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment