Friday 24 April 2015

Haley3, Sqweeeeee! Also games 16 & 17

Haley3

Haley3 is coming out, the models look super awesome, can't wait for her rules to be available hopefully this will be at Lock & Load in June.


Game 16/100
Caine2 Vs Vayl1
Opponent: Mike Porter
Scenario: Fire Support
List:
Captain Allister Caine
* Squire
* Hunter
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers(
* Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team
Rangers
Greygore Boomhowler & Co.
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt
Journeyman Warcaster
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution
Horgenhold Forge Guard
Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan
Objective: Effigy of Valor

Mike and I have another game and we decide to play Caine2 into Vayl1 by randomly rolling for our lists.

I run everything forward, Boomies 4+ tough and Forges get AS, Caine Heightened Reflexes the Boomies and settles into his safe wall position, threatening Mikes flag. Mike Leash and Slipstreams the Seraph to take pot shots at the Hunter, the Raptors tag a Boomhowler.

Cygnar Turn 1.5

I move up and get some decent shots with Caine into the Seraph but don't kill it, although it only has about 8 boxes left, then I Gatecrash back. Ryan Magestorms a Raptor. The Boomies 4+ it and run in to Jam.

Cygnar Turn 2
Mike Feats and sprays down a lot of the Boomhowlers, the Raptors are able to pick off Gregor as well. The Hunter goes down in a flurry of Seraph shots. Then everything pulls back.

I am able to Kiss the Raptors and the Gun Mages and Black 13th take them out. I put a bit of incidental damage onto Zuriel, all the Forgies run up and spread out waiting for the retaliation.

The Scythean can only get to a Boomhowler, and takes him out, sprays and shots kill off all but 3 of the Forge Guard, Zuriel has to position for the best angle.

Kiss, Rangers, combined arms and Caine take Zuriel and the objective down, Madelyn runs to score me a point. Thunderbolts knock down and push back the Scythean who is full on fury.

I score 2 points
Gun Mage eye view
The Seraph moves up to contest as does Typhon but they fail to shift Madelyn, The Scythean has to run round to come close to Mikes flag.

I harm Typhon and I am able to kill him with shots, I still have my feat held and Madelyn is still scoring. I get up to 3 points.

Typhon goes down

The Seraph Kills Madelyn and the Sucker! Rangers that are available, the Schytean goes into Aiyana and removes her.

I feat and am able to remove the Scythean and Seraph from the board whilst hiding away behind my wall, Mike only has Vayl left with a minute on his clock and no way to get to me so we call it there.

Endgame

Scenario WIN!

Game 17/100
Nemo1 Vs Stryker1
Opponent: Pat Dunford
Scenario: Close Quarters
List:
Commander Adept Nemo
* Squire
* Stormwall & Lightning Pod
* Lancer
* Dynamo
Tactical Arcanist Corps
Journeyman Warcaster
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator
Rangers
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team
Objective: Fuel Cache

Mr Pat "Diceman" Dunford is looking for a game so I opt to try out a pNemo list I've been itching to use but really isn't great against Legion.

Turns out Dynamo can't do much shooting against Storm Blades, Lances and the Stormwall. And Chain Lightning looses a lot of its worth...

#pNeems4Lyfe

I end up with my Jacks getting disrupted and generally out threatened by the Lances, I have no real targets that Dynamo can be meaningful against and have to press forward to not get fully scenario'd.

Unfortunately it is not to be and all my things die, pNeems has a last turn of smacking some Stormblades on the head and bashing a Lance to death before getting assassinated.

Assassination LOSS!


I'd also to give a shout out to this article over on Muse on Minis, someone made a Doom Reaver Circle Beastie, amazing sculpting.


No comments:

Post a Comment