Monday 6 April 2015

Toy Soldiers, WTC, Cygnar best faction!


Right, a few things.

I've played a lot of Warmachine, it’s just a better game.

I applied and made it onto one of Irelands two teams for the World Team Championship (WTC)
https://wmhwtc.wordpress.com/

I'm playing Cygnar and now I need to practice, the idea is to get in 100 Games between when the team was announced, Wednesday the 1st of April and the WTC on the 18th of September.
So far I've managed 4 games.

I'm going to attempt to document each of them on the blog.

Game 1/100
Stryker2 Vs Tahgrosh1
Opponent: Michael Porter
Scenario: Recon
List:
Lord Commander Stryker
* Squire
* Ol' Rowdy
* Stormclad
Stormblade Infantry
* Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard
* 3 Stormblade Infantry Storm Gunner
Journeyman Warcaster
Stormblade Captain
Storm Lances
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers
* Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer

Right after the Thunder has Rolled

I'm doing well on attrition, but not on the clock, I have to send Stryker into Thags and hope for the mega overload and smash him.
I don't get it although I roll 1,1,1 for damage to me, Stryker gets assassinated like a fool.

Assassination Loss!

Game 2/100
Haley1 Vs Vayl1
Opponent: Michael Porter
Scenario: Incoming
List:
Captain Victoria Haley
* Squire
* Stormwall & Lightning Pod
* Sentinel
Journeyman Warcaster
Gastone Crosse
* Galleon
Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team

End of Turn 1

I run up and get in position, have to feat and TB with Haley, manage to drag in Zuriel but my target priority is poor and the Seraph doesn't get killed.
A Raptor Hard 9s and then Rolls a 15 for Damage on no camp Haley, then Zuriel sprays through the Galleon thanks to slipstream, Haley dies.

Assassination Loss!

Game 3/100
Haley2 Vs Vayl2
Opponent: Michael Porter
Scenario: Recon
List:
Major Victoria Haley
* Squire
* Stormclad
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers
* Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer
Storm Lances
Stormblade Infantry
* Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard
* 2 Stormblade Infantry Storm Gunner
Journeyman Warcaster
Stormblade Captain
Anastasia di Bray
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution

Aggressive start

Haley does her thing and survives some shots etc., game ends with a 4 Focus Stormclad Walking into Vayl on 1 camp and squashing her when I have 52 seconds on my clock.

Assassination Win!

Game 4/100
Haley2 Vs Butcher3
Opponent: Daniel Common
Scenario: Fire Support
List:
Major Victoria Haley
* Squire
* Stormclad
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers
* Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer
Storm Lances
Stormblade Infantry
* Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard
* 2 Stormblade Infantry Storm Gunner
Journeyman Warcaster
Stormblade Captain
Anastasia di Bray
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution

Rhupert has to be removed for me to not score.

I’m able to get Anastasia onto Butcher on Turn 2 triggering double Gorman under my feat, I'm able to double Gorman again next turn as well.
Dan has 20 minutes to try and stop me scoring his flag, Butcher is too far out and I win on Scenario after a huge grind.

Scenario Win!

I’d just like to take a moment to plug Frozen Forge

I met the chap that runs it, Jonas, at the Irish Masters and bought his "Swans" set.
They are awesome, go buy some.

Sorting the set

Nicely organised.


I'd also like to shout out the guys over at Muse on Minis, they had a shop and supported the Irish Masters and John is an awesome nice guy.
The scenarios zones are beautiful and if I didn't already have a set I would have snapped them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment