Tuesday 5 May 2015

Game 18 The Haley-ing

I put in a timer for the WTC It should be about HERE ============================>

Time for game No.18 against the mightiest Cygnar Shark in all the waters!

Game 18/100
Haley2 Vs Haley1
Opponent: Pat Dunford
Scenario: Outflank
List:
Major Victoria Haley
* Squire
* Stormclad
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers
* Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer
Storm Lances
Stormblade Infantry
* Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard
* 2 Stormblade Infantry Storm Gunner
Journeyman Warcaster
Stormblade Captain
Anastasia di Bray
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution
Objective: Effigy of Valor


Pat's List:
Captain Victoria Haley
* Squire
* Stormwall & Lightning Pod
Captain Arlan Strangewayes
Journeyman Warcaster
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers
* Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer
* Hunter
* Sentinel
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution

I win the Roll and opt to go first. Pat has to pre deploy the Stormwall so I setup with the Stormclad across from it. Everything else fairly central.
Eyriss gets AD'd behind a Rock and Anastasia prepares to AMBUSH!

Deployment
Turn 1 I run everything, Dirge and Shield the Lances and Decel. I swap the Clad over to the other zone hoping to simply ignore the Stormwall as I'm really going to struggle to kill it as its immune to electricity, stupid Cygnar being the best faction!

My turn 1
Pat runs up and positions.

I am able to feat and get the left zone cleared. I try to get Eyriss with shots from the Lances but her high defense and Stealth put an end to that.
Anastasia is able to Ambush on and appears behind the Black 13th, she Charges Ryan and puts her in the dirt!

Pat puts Arlan in the Zone to stop me scoring and is able to Pod Gorman and Kill Anastasia with the Black 13th. The Stormclad gets disrupted and knocked down.

I am then able to clear the Zone and score 2 whilst Eyriss and a Gun Mage manages to take out the Black 13th. I get a couple of his Gun Mages and try for Eyriss again but it doesn't happen.

I score my first 2 points
Pat feats and puts a number of shots into my things, clearing the kissed Storm Lances and knocking down the Stormclad and disrupting him again.

I am able to clear the zone again and score 2 more but I am running out of models. I try and fail to kill Eyriss again.

I score up to 4

Still can't kill Eyriss!
Pat put both his lights in the Zone and couple of Gun Mages after taking out the Stormclad through combined arms and Kiss.

Haley has some work to do, she stabs 2 Gun Mages down and starts working on the Hunter but ultimately doesn't have enough focus.

Haley can't kill 2 Lights!

Pat then starts scoring in the other zone and I've already clocked by this point so we call it.

SCENARIO LOSS!

I've also been doing a bit of painting recently, I managed to get my Nyss Hunters complete, after having them for god knows how long, they were my first ever Warmachine prize from my first 50pt tournament.

Look at their stupid ugly heads
They are horrible models to assemble and weren't great fun to paint but I'll be playing with them in my Haley2 list for the next few games as a Bradigus option.

I was also able to finish Xerxis, my first Skorne model.

Something something, fist.
I've made a pact to myself to not buy any more Skorne until the ones I have are fully painted and based so I have the all in one box to get done, so far I haven't even started.

I'm also helping out with the WTC terrain and I build and painted up 20 walls.

Walls and a Stormwall.

Join me next time for Haley2 vs eThagrosh and Mortenebra.


No comments:

Post a Comment