Friday 17 July 2015

Games 40 and 41 also BATTLESHORTS!

Played a couple more games last weekend.

The first was against the same Circle list as last week, this time with my Caine2 list.

Game 40/100
Caine2 Vs Morvahna2
Opponent: Phil Doogan
Scenario: Close Quarters
Phil's List:
Seasons of Fate - Tier 4
Morvahna the Dawnshadow
* Warpwolf Stalker
* Warpwolf Stalker
* Gorax
* Druid Wilder
Tharn Bloodtrackers
* Nuala the Huntress
Tharn Wolf Riders
Tharn Ravagers - Min
* Tharn Ravager Chieftain
* 1 Tharn Ravager Shaman
Gallows Grove
Gallows Grove


I was going second so I chose the side with a wall. 


Turn 1 Phil ran everything forward and jammed into me. I was able to move up and remove a number of models with shooting but not able to make much of a dent.


The Boomhowlers soaked some charges and toughed a fair bit. I was then able to reduce all of Phils units down but only able to finish off the Wolf Riders, not having enough attacks to get rid of everying, due to positioning I had caught Caine.
Phil then feated back a lot of models leaving Morv on 1 health but I was unable to get to her although I was up on Attrition, unfortunately making so many attacks meant I clocked out.

CLOCK LOSS!

Looking at the game in the last couple of turns we realised a Magic Bullet on the Hunter would have been able to get Morv dead easily, unfortunately I forgot about parry and didn't go for it.

Game 41/100
Siege Vs pVayl
Opponent: Mike Porter
Scenario: Recon
Mike's List:
Vayl, Disciple of Everblight
* Scythean
* Seraph
* Typhon
* Raek
* Raek
* Shredder
Blighted Nyss Hex Hunters
* Bayal, Hound of Everblight
Spawning Vessel
The Forsaken
The Forsaken
Fuel Cache

My List:
Major Markus 'Siege' Brisbane
* Squire
* Stormwall & Lightning Pod
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator
Journeyman Warcaster
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team
Tempest Blazers
Rangers
Gastone Crosse
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord
Viktor Pendrake
Arcane Wonder

The next game was against Mike and his Vayl list, I went first.
I messed up turn one and Gastonne was caught outside of the foxhole due to my sloppy planning.

Look at Gastonne standing out of the AoE!

Mike was able to capitalise and Hoarfrost him down also getting Reinholdt and a Ranger, a pretty big start, although he did feat to keep Vayl safe and when moving the first Hex Hunter into the dirged Blazers they broke.
I was able to start to remove models and got all but 2 of the Hex Hunters and also put a couple of Big Gun shots into the Scythean.
Mike was then able to use a Raek to get Aiyana and Holt and kill off a couple of Blazers and some rangers.
I managed to remove the Scythean and take out one of the Raeks but it took a lot more attacks than I wanted.
Mike Killed the Objective and cleared my zone, scoring 2 points.
I committed the Stormwall to the zone and finished off the second Raek and feated and removed Typhon from the board leaving the Seraph, Pot, Vayl and 2 Forsaken left.
Mike runs to the left flag to dominate and goes up to 3 points, he jams in two forsaken.
I try and trample the Stormwall to contest but don't get close enough so the pod has to do it, I run to the other flag and try and kill the objective but fail.
Mike kills the pod and scores again.
I move the Stormwall up to contest and send the squire in as well, I forget to pod.
He kills the squire and with Insight and damage previously done to the Stormwall is able to remove it with the Seraph, we both have less than a minute left on our clocks at this point.

SCENARIO LOSS!

In hindsight I should have kept Arcane Shield on the Stormwall, I also should have put it into the zone on turn 2 and made sure to not give away those 2 points for nothing.
I also played foxhole badly and that cost me Gastonne and Reinholdt which is huge in this list.


In other news you can now get hold of some exclusive WTC BATTLESHORTS this year if you or someone you know is attending the WTC in Killarney, details below.


No comments:

Post a Comment