Friday 13 November 2015

Goreshade Three, War Room

I played a couple of games with Goreshade Three this weekend.

The first game was against Skorne and Mordikaar

This was the Skorne list:
Void Seer Mordikaar
* Despoiler
* Tiberion
* Basilisk Krea
Cataphract Incindiarii Max
Cataphract Cetrati Max
Tyrant Commander & Standard Bearer
Paingiver Beast Handlers
Agonizer
Extoller Soulward

I played the following:
Goreshade, Lord of Ruin
* Skarlock Thrall
* Deathripper
* Deathripper
Necrosurgeon & stitch thralls
Bane Knights Max
Bane Knights Min
Darragh Wrathe
Warwitch Siren
Necrosurgeon & stitch thralls
Satyxis Raiders
* Satyxis Raider Sea Witch
Mecanithralls
Bane Lord Tartarus
Satyxis Raider Captain

I was able to get a pretty solid Alpha with the Satyxis and power swell, this meant I was able to put some early hurt on his beasts and Incindarii.

He feated and I was able to counter feat with the remaining Satyxis and a couple of McThralls and the odd sack goblin (Stitch Thralls) reducing the effectiveness of the his feat significantly and removing Tiberion as well as a lot of the other models.

The revive game continues with the Incindiarri and Cetrati but attrition has already swung in my favour and the recursion engine is doing the work. I am able to get an Arc node near enough to Mordikaar and wedge it in with a McThrall and put him down to 8 or so boxes with Siphon Bolts whilst Gore3 hides in a Trench.

The next turn I am able to finish Mordikaar off as I polish off Despoiler with Scything McThralls and then just bolt him to death, I manage to win with 45 seconds left on my clock/

POST WTC GAMES PLAYED: 22

My next game was against another Cryx player who kindly offered to lend me his Blackbanes for a test run so I took him up on the offer and put together another slightly different list:
Goreshade, Lord of Ruin
* Skarlock Thrall
* Defiler
Bane Knights
Bane Riders
Mecanithralls
* Skarlock Commander
Mecanithralls
Necrosurgeon & stitch thralls
Necrosurgeon & stitch thralls
Blackbane's Ghost Raiders
Darragh Wrathe
Machine Wraith
Warwitch Siren

He was playing Denhegra3 and she seems super fun.

Deneghra, the Soul Weaver
* Skarlock Thrall
* Deathripper
Bane Thralls
* Bane Thrall Officer & Standard
Bane Riders
Soulhunters
The Withershadow Combine
Croe's Cutthroats
Warwitch Siren

Adam was going first and Unpacked everything, I did the same, trying to keep my Bane Riders safe on the right and my Knights protected by the Blackbanes from the Soluhunters but I messed this up, my own fault. The Left unit of McThralls got Occultation to hopefully keep them safe from the Croes and Darragh got in a trench.
I unpack, poorly
I got hit pretty hard by the Alpha but thanks to positioning I was able to keep a fair few Knights alive as well as the riders, I also got some Corpses and was able to keep the McThralls at strength.

I then counter feated with the Blackbanes and was able to remove all the Soulhunters and clear the Right zone as well as killing half the Croes, Goreshade camped everything, put a bunch of bodies in front of him to screen himself and toe'd the zone.
CPs: 2-0

I score 2
Adam is able to clear the Left Zone and flap Denny into it to Score whilst Killing 1 unit of Thralls but the Surgeons are still alive, Darragh gets dismounted.
CPs: 2-2

I am able to kill off all of his Riders but one and the remaining Croes with McThralls that are spawned and throw as many Bodies into the left zone. I am also able to kill the Bane Thralls, starting with the standard meaning they can't tough. Goreshade camps everything and sits in the zone.
CPs: 4-2

Adam does his best to try and clear out the left zone and get as much as he can into the right hand one.
CPs: 4-4

I am able to use Vengeance and Gore3 himself to clear the right zone and put a pile of McThralls into the left zone.
CPs: 5(6)-4

POST WTC GAMES PLAYED: 23

I really enjoyed both of the games played and Gorshade 3 has a great spell list even if he didn't need to use it that game really, positioning is coming along with him and the Cryx toys in general.
Denny3 seems incredibly fun and the model is amazing, I can't wait to get my hands on her and give her a proper go, once I've filled out the rest of my Cryx toys of course.

I've also been messing about with the War Room Beta for Android and IOS.

Android
One of the cool features is the ability to filter the cards based on what you own and whats painted etc, as well as viewing factions together and a search function.

Add caption


But the best feature is definitely the ability to choose the background.


I'm stuck working the next couple of weeks so there probably won't be many games played.

I am working on my Secret Santa toy but it needs to stay secret for obvious reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment